Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bonefish Grill

Monday’s workout was another hour session of Power Yoga. I’m thinking this is going to be a staple in my workout for the time being. It was way too hot to run outside and I don’t enjoy going to the gym in the evenings due to the crowds. Yoga was the winner. This time I eliminated any distractions and threw myself into the workout. What a difference that makes! I felt stronger and more relaxed then last Monday. I built up a good sweat.

Can anyone suggest any other good Yoga dvd’s? I’d like to change it up some so I don’t get bored.

Early this morning I forced myself out of bed and headed to the gym. I started out with a 10 minute warm-up on the Arc Trainer. I focused on my Quadriceps and abs. I supersetted Leg Extensions with Front Squats and I did 3 sets of 12-15 reps for each. I then used another machine which I have no idea what it is called. But you squat in it and depending on your foot placement you can work your glutes or your quads. I of course worked my quads. I supersetted that machine with 1 minute wall-sits. Feel the burn! For my abs I supersetted hanging leg raises (12 reps) with bicycles (25) and did 3 sets of those. My last ab workout focused on my sides. I laid on my back with my legs bent. My feet were spread shoulder width apart and I moved back and forth along the ground touching my heels with my fingers. I did 2 sets of 30 reps. I finished up my workout with a 2 mile run on the treadmill. It’s the first time I’ve really run in a few weeks. I felt a bit tired, but powered through! I was drenched in sweat when I was finished, which I like because I know I worked hard!

This evening I went to dinner with the family to celebrate my sister passing her test and remembering my parent’s anniversary. We tried Bonefish Grill for the first time. We finally got another seafood place in town besides “Ed Lobster” aka Red Lobster. Dinner was FANTASTIC. My sister and I got the meal for two promotion they currently have running. We started off with the Singapore Calamari (pretty good) and then I had a house salad which had a wonderful citrus herb vinaigrette dressing, so light. In between all that they brought out some bread and oil. My main dish was the Wood-Grilled Authentic Norwegian Salmon topped with mango salsa, YUM! My two sides were a medley of vegetables. I brought half home to have for lunch tomorrow. It took a lot of restraint not to eat it all. I paired my meal with a glass of Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio. I had a few bites of Misty’s dessert which was a macadamia nut brownie with raspberry sauce on the side; also very yummy! It seems like we ate a lot of food, but I left there feeling very light and quite content!! That’s how I would describe the food I had, light and tasty! In case you were wondering…Misty got the Sea Scallops and Shrimp and my mom got the Coconut Crusted Shrimp appetizer as her main course. Both of them liked their meals as well.

1 comment: