Thursday, August 20, 2009

Treadmill Mania

This week has been an interesting week to say the least. I feel like I’m surrounded by a ton of negativity, which some of it is my doing in the way I’m thinking. Throw in some sad news that I received this afternoon and I’m a big pot of UGH! To get myself on track to a better attitude, I left work a little early. Things were slow so it was a good time. Came home and hate half a ham sandwich, didn’t eat lunch. BAD GIRL! I then headed to the gym for a hard workout.

A few years back when I was still meeting with my personal trainer, he introduced Treadmill Mania to me. It’s a tough workout that incorporates running and various lifting movements. I think he found it in a magazine, but I can’t remember which one. I pull the workout out every now and again when I want to get a full body workout and push myself. Normally I wear my stopwatch, but once again I forgot it..oops! On great days I can finish the workout in less than 1 hour, other days it takes me about 1 hour to complete. Below is the basic workout and you can adjust as you see fit. I modified the leg movements today and picked movements that focused on my Quadriceps (front squats and leg extensions). I’ve done enough hamstring movements this week. My legs are still sore from Tuesday; probably over did it.

Treadmill Mania

1% incline - 5 minutes easy (warm-up) -- I normally just walk
Stretch
1% incline - 5 mins at LT (Lactic Threshold) pace
Push-ups - 1 min (an alternate exercise would be to do 1 min of dumbbell bench press)
20 squats
1% incline - 5 mins at LT pace
Crunches - 1 min
3% incline - 5 mins at LT pace
20 dips
1% incline - 5 mins at LT pace
30 back extensions
5% incline - 3 mins at LT pace
20 one leg squats (per leg)
1% incline - 5mins at LT pace
Decline push-ups - 1 min (an alternate exercise could be decline dumbell bench press)
1% incline - 5 mins easy (cool-down)
Stretch

I am always a sweaty mess when I am finished with this workout. Imagine red face, dripping sweat, sweat soaked shirt...ahhh...I'm glistening, have a happy glow! LOL! I normally feel a mixture of fatigue but at the same time engergized. It succeeded in changing my mood for the better, all those happy endorphins were released!

After the gym, I made a “quick” stop at the grocery store to pick up a few special ingredients to try a new recipe I’ve been thinking about for several weeks now. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the new recipe turns out and glad you could shed some of that negativity. I hate that too!

    ReplyDelete