Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend and Monday Recap

After a good 12 hours of sleep I was up at 8:30 Friday morning, ate a bowl of cereal, and was off to the gym. Since I’ve been very inconsistent on my workouts these past two weeks I worked my shoulders and arms (biceps and triceps). I started by running 1 mile on the treadmill. I started out with my shoulders, biceps, and then triceps.

Shoulders - 3 sets of circuit
DB shoulder press – 20lbs
DB lateral arm raises – 8lbs
Upright Rows w/curl bar – 10lbs on each side

Rested 1-2 minutes before moving onto next muscle group

Biceps – 3 sets of each movement
21’s (7 bottom half, 7 top half, 7 full) 20-25lb barbell
Concentration Curls – 8lbs/12 reps

Rested 1-2 minutes before moving onto next muscle group

Tricep – 3 sets of 12 reps circuit
Dips on dip width bars – body weight
Cable push-downs – 50lbs
Kickbacks – 2.5-5lbs

My remaining 20 minutes of cardio was on the Arc Trainer.

The rest of my Friday consisted of running errands, but before I headed out for those. The lovely UPS man brought me this:



The best part of all is that I only paid a few dollars in shipping, because I used a giftcard (from Christmas) that I hadn’t used yet. Fantastic! I haven’t used my camelback yet, still need to wash it. Time to start biking more, I have no excuses anymore…well my hard seat can still be used as an excuse, right?!

Saturday I spent most of my day by the pool or in the pool. I got a teeny tiny workout by catching my niece and nephew jumping off the side of the pool as well as bouncing them up and down in the water. I managed to get a bit of a leg workout in by squatting up and down…child and water resistance…it’s gotta count for something, right?! That night I went to dinner with my friend. I tried white salmon for the first time. It was cooked medium and centered on top of red lettuce and several slivers of sweet potato. There was a beet sauce that complimented the salmon so nicely. I ate every last bite and was tempted to lick the plate…it was that good! We also split a great bottle of Pinot Gris from Willamette Valley.

Sunday was a rainy day for the most part. No workouts for me, I spent most of the day with my sister running around. She was really good to me yesterday. I can’t thank her enough. Love You Sis!

The weekend went by so fast….and now its Monday and actually almost Tuesday. Work was pretty busy, can’t complain because it did make the day go by fast and I felt pretty productive. When I got home I thought about running, but decided I needed to do more of a stretching workout. So I pulled out my Power Yoga dvd and spent an hour doing that. I felt it was one of my better Yoga days; which isn’t saying much because I don’t do Yoga all that often. I would really like to get into it more, maybe one day find a class to take. I was also cooking dinner during my workout. Not the greatest ideas because my stomach was totally growling which can be very distracting when you are trying to concentrate on the poses. Dinner was fabulous. I had leftover breaded tilapia, with homemade potato fries, steamed asparagus, watermelon, and a tall glass of skim milk. It was quite satisfying. In a few, I plan on having two squares of Lindt (mild 70%) dark chocolate. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

2 comments:

  1. mmm breaded tilapia! one of my faves. :) Love the camelback. I wasn't sure which one you had gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from Mom's point of view, I love the fact that you and your sis spend time together (and are getting along).

    ReplyDelete