Friday, August 14, 2009

Greek Pizza and Banana Soft Serve

My drive home yesterday was wonderful! I got home in just under an hour and that doesn’t happen very often. I left at my normal time, 4:30, smack dab in the middle of rush hour. My goal was to run last night but I wanted to wait until it cooled down a bit more. So while I was waiting I prepped for my dinner. I cut up olives, tomatoes, and white onion. I wanted to recreate a Greek Pizza I had the other week.

I headed out the door a little after 7. I forgot to bring my stop watch, so I’m not sure how long I actually ran. I’m guessing between 20-25 minutes. I ran up the road on the new path they just paved and then turned around and came back. I think it was about 2.5 miles. It wasn’t a good run. I once again started off to fast. I wore my running shorts for the first time and the dri-fit top that I got to match it. The shorts were all right, not sure that I’m the running shorts kinda girl. Just might be something to get use to. The top was annoying because it kept riding up my stomach…uhh…too small maybe? LOL! To top it off I started to get shin splints in my right leg. I’m glad all my ailments are sticking to the right side of my body…haha! It might be time to buy a new pair of running shoes!

Got home, stretched, showered, and prepared and cooked my Greek pizza. First I pre-heated the oven to 400 degrees. I used whole wheat pocketless pita for my pizza. I sprinkled mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, tomatoes, onions, and black olives over the top. I also sprinkled a little more mozzarella and feta cheese over the top. Place pita pizza right on the rack and cook for 7-8 minutes. I sprinkled some red pepper flakes over the top. Tasty!


Topped with spinach.


For dessert, I attempted to make Gena’s raw banana soft serve. I think it turned out pretty good. Although I think the next time I make it I might blend some chocolate syrup or flavored natural peanut butter with it, maybe even raspberries.

I started to melt some chocolate chips in the microwave, but I got impatient. So I just dumped the semi-melted ones with some frozen ones over the top.

This morning after my breakfast of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and strawberry jam, cottage cheese, and a cup of English Breakfast tea, I headed to the gym. I had a good workout which included a 7 minute warm-up on the Arc Trainer and weightlifting (chest, shoulders, and triceps). I did a small ab workout. I then completed 20 minutes on the Life Stride machine. I had the machine set on manual, level 8 and I did 1 minute at a 5 -5.5 pace and then 2 minutes at a 7.5-9 pace. I worked up a good sweat. I made sure I stretched really well afterwards.

After I showered I made myself a Green Monster. This time I used 2 cups of organic spinach, 1 cup of skim milk, ¾ of a banana, a heaping tablespoon of natural peanut butter, and a handful of ice. If you like bananas and peanut butter this is a drink for you! I liked it, but thought it could have been a bit cooler. I’ll add more ice next time. For lunch I made myself another Greek pizza.

The rest of my day will involve errands and then dinner with some of my best girlfriends! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! that pizza looks delish. you are quite the culinary artist these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete