Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yummy Deliciousness

The last two days have been a bit tough both emotionally and ultimately physically. My workout yesterday consisted of 30 minutes cardio, chest and back, and Week 4 Day 2 of the twohundredsitups challenge. Today I only did my Week 5 Day 3 of the onehundredpushup program. I was home in time to make it to my bootcamp class; however, I just couldn’t put on the class face today. I needed to rest. Seems to be the theme as of late, which thinking about, is making me quite frustrated.

This afternoon, my friend introduced me to Wegmans. OH MY GOODNESS…that grocery store is marvelous! Yes, I said grocery store. I’d rather not go into the psychology of why I find a grocery store so exciting. Let’s just say we managed to spend an hour in there and that wasn’t nearly enough time. I could have spent hours in there. So many fun things to look at!

I couldn’t believe how packed the store was around noon (went during lunch break). What were these people doing there, doesn’t anyone work? Ha! The only other “negative” feature I thought was that it felt pretty chaotic in there and that was mostly due to the people. There was no order to their shopping; people were all over the place. Everywhere I turned I felt like I was in someone’s way. I wasn’t too surprised because I felt these people shopped/pushed carts the way they drive. But anyone that knows me knows I don’t like crowds and I don’t like my bubble aka personal space being invaded by other fellow shoppers. Word to the wise, say “excuse me” if you would like to get at something that I or anyone else may be blocking at that particular time. I’d be pleased to move for you. Let’s use our manners people! Anyways, this irritation was only minor. I did really enjoy the store and can’t wait to go back when I have more time.

I left with a cantaloupe, raspberries, strawberries, red grapes, a black Honest Tea, Oikos Greek Yogurt (vanilla and strawberry), and the Cooking Light magazine and I only spent $23. GO ME! I washed and/or cut up all the fruit, except for the cantaloupe (got it a little green so it doesn’t ripen too fast). It’s all ready to eat!

My evening snack was yummy deliciousness, see for yourself:


3 comments:

  1. YUMMY!! :)

    I had some banana yogurt, granola, and fresh strawberries for breakfast! It was sooo good!

    Next time we will have to go on a weekend, so we can just stroll through the aisles....REALLY EARLY though...to beat all the crazies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Yay for Wegman's. I sooo need to go to one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a good shopping trip minus the crowds. It sounds like you got some yummy stuff.

    ReplyDelete