Friday, September 11, 2009

Week and a half in review

9-11: I WILL NEVER FORGET! ALWAYS IN MY HEART, PRAYERS, THOUGHTS, and BEING!


Wow it’s been a very busy week and a half for me: beach, work, workouts, planning, etc. My excuse for being MIA for this past week. So for your reading pleasure I’m going to share with you what I’ve been up too! In an effort to keep from writing a book, I’m going to use key words and phrases to describe some of my days :)

Fri, Sept. 4: 6:30am take-off (road trip), brunch at Sonic…YUM, meet up with the other half of our posse, 3 hours later…arrived at BEACH, 5 ladies grocery shopping, snacks, hummus and veggie crisps, boxed wine, chatting on the beach=cloud & slightly chilly, turkey & cheese roll-ups, dancing, beer, shots, pizza, awesome DD = Amy, more snacking, sleep!

Sat, Sept. 5: Breakfast = scrambled eggs & ham, whole wheat english muffins, fresh strawberries, juice, milk; SUNSHINE, hours on the beach, dolphins, playing in the waves, 1 mile walk to boardwalk, dinner at Mangos, mint chocolate moose track ice cream, 1 mile walk “home”, 80’s movies marathon needed, charm city, chocolate city, sleep!

Salmon w/mango sauce, black beans, rice, steamed veggies

Sun, Sept. 6: early riser = reading on balcony while listening/watching waves crash on the beach, quick trip to Outlets, MORE BEACH TIME, paddle ball, jellyfish, beach “police", moved chairs 10 feet to our beach, almost time to go, dinner = not so good server, very helpful bus girl, drive home. Thanks Michelle for driving, very much appreciated!!

Monday: Week 1, Day 3 of 5k training plan = 6 miles. Goal to run easy 11:14 miles. Was suppose to do Sunday. 1st mile = 9:00, 2nd mile = 9:11, 3rd mile = couldn’t find mile marker, confusion, lost momentum! 4-6th mile = 4:1 run/walk ratio. Wasn’t well hydrated and didn’t eat enough nutrients. My hips, quads, and calves were a bit sore as well as my lungs, lol! I powered through and finished!! I’m in desperate need of a new pair of these:


Tuesday: Feel good day! Picture…new black button up dress and red heels. Lots of compliments! I’m in no way bragging, but we all need compliments every now and again and this was my day! I felt great. Week 2, Day 1 of 5k training plan = 2 easy miles. 1st mile at 10:23 and second mile at 10:54. I made a mental effort to focus on my pace. Felt great!

Wednesday: rest day. Received awesome news!! My Grandma, who is a cancer survivor is going off chemo for the next 3 months!! I’m thrilled for her. LOVE YOU GRANDMA!

Yesterday: Attended training for work = best training I’ve had in ages! Dealt with the Law Enforcement aspect of my agency. I have a huge appreciation for our nation’s law enforcement officers (LEO), probably because it’s always been a part of my life. Thanks to my dad, I’ve grown to understand and appreciate the importance of LEOs and how every day they are putting their lives at risk to protect us. The training was engaging, exciting, informative, and I’m trying to convince my director for more. Ha!

Week 2, Day 2 of 5k training plan = 5 miles. I ran 1 mile for warm-up and then ran the next 3 miles at a 9:31 pace, my last mile was my cool-down. I did this run at the gym on the treadmill. It was raining and getting dark by the time I was ready for my run.

Today: 5 minute warm-up on the arc trainer, 20 minutes on Stairmaster…Aerobics program, levels 9-11, 10 minutes on treadmill walking at 3% incline. Abs and lots of stretching. Planning my dear friend’s 30th birthday party and planning my other wonderful friend’s bridal shower! Lots of fun things happening the next few months!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend vacation. I am jealous!

    Wonderful news about your grandma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a year and a half since we got the cancer news about Grandma. She said she was going to beat it... Grandma knows best.

    I know you are beautiful in everything you where.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and me both, Amber! :)

    That is so exciting about your Grandma!

    Are you getting excited about the 5K this weekend? I know you and Jamie H. will do awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here *faints* and finally catching up! Great re-cap of all that you've been up to.

    That's wonderful about your grandma!

    xo

    ReplyDelete