Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yummy Treats

Just the other day I was happy to find my bruised and battered sample of cereal from Kashi! Thankfully it was only the outside box and not the actual cereal box that had taken a beating. Before I opened the box I was already going through my head how I was going to ask Kashi for another box of cereal, I was desperate to try it. For those of you that don’t know, I heart Kashi products more specifically their cereals and granola bars. Anyways, back to my free sample of cereal… I selected to try the Oat Flakes and Wild Blueberry Clusters. I tore into the box Friday at lunch time and ate it with skim milk. Wow! I really enjoyed this box of cereal. The blueberry flavoring was great, not overpowering and not too sweet! I can see myself eating this for breakfast, lunch, and/or a snack. You still have time, hurry and get your free sample of cereal!

This evening I decided to try my baking hand at Montana Whoppers. I first heard of them on Meghann’s blog. They looked so yummy! So of course it was my turn to recreate these cookies in my kitchen. I put semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate M&M's, and raisins in mine. There’s a reason why I don’t bake cookies very often. I enjoy the mixing of the batter, but get really impatient with the baking part. I don’t like to wait which leads to huge cookies and them being in the oven FOREVER because I made them too big so they have to cook 10 times longer. I tried a cookie from my first batch and it was ok, it didn’t wow me. My other batches look pretty good, so I’m hoping they taste just as good!

Tomorrow, I will have the perfect test subjects! I run my second 5k tomorrow through the Fort McHenry Tunnel with Sweaty Hugs and her friend; this will be her first race!! EXCITING…so what better way to reward them than to treat them to one or two of my cookies?! After the race of course! I’ll let you know what they think…hahaha!

Night, Night…dreams of running in a tunnel…hmmm…

3 comments:

  1. These cookies were delicious! Thank you so much. The perfect post-run treat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you tried my recipe for Montana Whoppers! I'd play around some more with the ingredients so you get the cookies to suit your personal tastes. That's what's so brilliant about this recipe.

    ReplyDelete