Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Getting started again

Today was my first day working out since Friday; for me, this is quite some time off. After work on Monday, I decided that I would rest my foot one more day. Mostly because it was still way too hot to running outside and I didn’t feel like dragging myself to the gym. Therefore, I stayed home, finished my book, and completed Week 4 Day 1 from the twohundredsitups program.

Today my workout started with a 10 minute warm-up on the Arc Trainer. I focused on my quads. I did a three movement circuit, rested for 1-2 minutes and then repeated 2 more times. The circuit consisted of:

12 - Step-ups (per leg), 20lb dumbbells in hand
12 – Front Squats, 30lb barbell
20 – Bench Jumps, no weight

To ensure total fatigue, I completed 2 sets of single leg extensions. First set was 20lbs and I managed to complete about 8 reps per leg. The second set was at 10lbs and I was able to finish 6 reps per leg. I believe muscle fatigue was accomplished!

Hard, but great workout! Right after that I attempted to complete my Week 5 Day 1 from the onehundredpushups program. I did fine until I was suppose to max out the last set. I was supposed to complete a minimum of 45 pushups on the fifth set, however I managed only 26. I think my quad workout had more of an effect on my whole body than I thought it would. Depending on how Day 2 of Week 5 goes I might have to repeat this week. I’m not feeling very confident about completing 100 pushups in a row at the end of this program. This program should be called the 6 + weeks program! Ha!

And of course I finished off with cardio on the Arc Trainer. I did the Interval Program set at level 6 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your foot was feeling better and you were able to get in a good workout. I think the push up plan for me would be like 1 year +.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete