Friday, July 24, 2009

Sore foot, what's next?

I didn’t end up working out yesterday either. My foot was still sore even after I rocked the running shoes all day at work. I figured it wouldn’t do me any good to irritate it more. So instead I did a TON of stretches. My mom was so nice and offered to bring me dinner over. She had made roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and some veggies. She also brought me over an ice pack. Thanks Mom! For about one hour I iced my right foot.

Let me describe how my foot hurts; it’s my right foot, outside ankle area. The muscle or the ligament, I really don’t know which (probably ligament), that runs perpendicular to my ankle feels extremely tight and wound up. Imagine a rubber band pulled tight; now imagine it rubbing up and down against your skin every time you point your toe. That’s what it feels like under my skin; sort of feels that it is going to pop because it feels so tight. Or like that cramp or joint that needs to be popped but it just won’t pop. It’s very irritating and uncomfortable. It doesn’t hurt, but it doesn’t feel good either.

Its the same leg as my "sore" knee. I wonder if wearing my knee strap could be causing me to run differently on my foot? Does it have anything to do with my foot? I've never had any foot problems before. Hmmm...

Today I started out with a four minute walk on the treadmill. Then I proceeded to do 3 movements, 3 sets of each, for my chest, shoulders, and triceps. I threw in some abs in the middle of it all. I did supersets for most of the movements and did not rest very long in between. Since I hadn’t worked out in 2 days, I wanted to keep my heart rate up so that I was getting an aerobic workout as well as strength training. I felt pretty good. I ended my workout with 10 minutes on the row machine. Thought this would be a good alternative for my foot. I haven’t done the row machine in forever and WOWEE, my butt, legs, back, arms, and chest were really feeling it. I need to remember to incorporate that in more often. My foot felt a bit tight afterwards, but didn’t notice and discomfort while I was rowing.

To finish it off, I cleaned my house from top to bottom in 1.5 hours. Not too shabby!

Time to run some errands...I have to pick up some bread and salad for dinner tonight. Meeting up with some lovely ladies for a “girls night in!” Think Italian and lots of wine! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I could be of some help. Hope your foot is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brea. Hope your foot is feeling better. That doesn't sound fun. I actually fell down at work on Friday (only me) and I am all bruised up so I can relate on being sore. HaHa. Hope you had a nice girls night last night.

    ReplyDelete